STUDENT & FAMILY RESOURCES
Request your Transcripts - click: Here
Resources for the Student
Open Office: This year the school computers are using Open Office. Please click here for detailed directions about Open Office and compatibility with other programs. You can click here to download a free copy of Open Office to use on your home computer. If you chose to download Open Office for home use, NNPS is not responsible for any issueswith the software. If you have any questions or problems with the Open Office software or installation, click here for the Open Office support page.
Online and Electronic Libraries:
- Encyclopedia.com contains more than 50,000 articles.
- Internet Public Library, or IPL, was one of the first public libraries "of and for the Internet community." Some available collections are general reference, associations, literary criticism, newspapers, youth, and teens.
- Library of Congress Online Catalog records represent the holdings of the library, including books, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials, music, sound recordings, and visual materials; it also includes searching aids for users.
- Campus Explorer is a great college search resource that is always free to use.
Other Online Resources:
- Academic resources for high school students offering free interactive learning tools for various subjects: www.highschoolhub.org/hub
- Online fitness program! www.global-fitness.com
- Internet Public Library's Teen Space: www.ipl.org/div/teen/
- Need help with basic math and algebra? Check this site out: www.mathpower.com
Resources for Families
Resources offered by Newport News Public Schools:
- Newport News Public School's Family Resources Site
- Information about the Standards of Learning (SOL) Tests
- Various High School Academic Programs in Newport News
Other online parent resources:
- Family Education Network - covers pre K-12 education, learning technology, family finance, careers, advocacy, and other important topics for today's parents.
- How to Help Your Children Become Good Readers - offers strategies parents can use to help improve their children's reading ability.
- Get the latest information on the No Child Left Behind Act.