For counseling help, please call (757) 886-7530 (Fax: 886-0641).
|School Counseling Director||Chanique Byrd|
|Professional School Counselor||Stacy Dabney|
|Professional School Counselor||Wallace Watson|
|Professional School Counselor||Lori Thaler|
|Professional School Counselor||Laura Keyes|
|Professional School Counselor||Virgie Beck|
|Student Support Specialist||Katina Davis|
|College & Career Specialist||Geraldine White|
|Records Secretary||Mary Parker|
|Graduation Coach||Sharon Williams|
- New Horizon's Virtual Open House
- NNPS SAT School Day: March 23
- SAT School Day: Parents
- SAT Benefits: Students
- New Horizon's: Marine Service Technology Coming
- New Horizon's: Fire Science
- Scheduling Change Request Form
- New Horizons Recruitment
- WSHS Student Support Specialist & Mental Health Therapist
- Student Support Specialist Referral Form
- College Application Week Presentation
Attention all Seniors and Parents of College Bound Seniors: Many colleges have decided to no longer accept SAT/ACT scores sent directly from the applicant's high school. It is the recommendation of the school counseling department that each student send official copies of test scores to the university directly from the College Board. Students may choose up to 4 colleges/universities at the time of registration for the test or on test day at no charge. After that point, you must go to the College Board or ACT website to request that official scores are sent to the schools to which one is applying. Please note: There is a $10 charge (per school) for requesting scores after registration/test day.
Naviance is a college and career readiness program that provides students with college planning and career assessment tools. It helps align a student's strengths and interests to post-secondary plans. School counselors will use Naviance to help plan and organize a student's high school career and keep track of their college applications. Seniors will be able to request transcripts and letters of recommendation through Naviance. Students are encouraged to take time to discover and prepare for their path after high school. Explore Naviance today!
Junior Virtual Chat
- What is the SAT?
- Should I take the SAT or the ACT?
- Register for the SAT at CollegeBoard.org.
- SAT Test Dates
AP Information: All students enrolled in an AP course are expected to take the AP Exam associated with that course. The score a student earns on the AP test has the potential to earn them college credits, so it is important to take these tests seriously and prepare sufficiently for them.
College and Financial Aid Related Links:
- College Board
- Financial Aid Information Page
- Scholarships.com - Free College Scholarship Search
- College & Career Resources
- NNPS Graduation Requirements
- NNPS Guidance & Counseling Services
- Financial Aid Resources
- Request your Transcripts
- Step-by-Step Guide for College (Big Future)
- You've Got Options!
- Scholarship Bulletin
- Preparing for College Guide & Workbook
- FAFSA Preparation Checklist
- Financial Aid Webinars